KIOXIA Group Responsible Minerals Sourcing Policy
The KIOXIA Group implements policies prohibiting the use of tin1, tantalum, tungsten, gold and cobalt mined in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and surrounding areas, and so-called Conflict Affected and High-Risk Areas (CAHRAs)2 suffering from war and inhumane acts such as human trafficking, slavery, forced labor, child labor, abuse, and war crimes.
- We will manage our supply chains in accordance with the “OECD3 Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict Affected and High-Risk Areas”.
- We will promote supply chain due diligence using the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) provided by the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI)4 covering the procurement of responsible minerals.
- We will implement supply chain due diligence using the CMRT provided by the RMI for the procurement of tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold, and the Cobalt Reporting Template (CRT) for the procurement of cobalt.
- We require all companies in our supply chain to procure raw materials from refineries certified under the RMI and only following the necessary due diligence.
- Our efforts are not intended to altogether prohibit the use of any minerals sourced from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and surrounding areas or from CAHRAs, but to ensure that minerals are procured from appropriate sources in areas where no inhumane acts take place.
Requests to Suppliers
We kindly request that all our suppliers cooperate with our Responsible Minerals Sourcing Policy and ensure appropriate management of their supply chain.
- “Tin” includes derivatives of cassiterite, coltan and wolframite.
- A list of Conflict Affected and High-Risk Areas can be found on the European Commission website.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- The Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) operates under the auspices of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and is aimed at ensuring responsible mineral procurement by corporations. In addition to creating reporting templates for use in supply chain due diligence to ensure responsible mineral procurement, the RMI also audits refinery operations and provides a list of certified refineries.