Kioxia Group’s Environmental Policy
Kioxia Group’s Environmental Policy
Kioxia Group’s Environmental Policy ensures we conduct business in a way that enhances and preserves the environment. Through purposeful, sustainable actions, we’re prioritizing being responsible stewards of the environment to do our part in maintaining our planet’s health for years to come.
In addition to complying with environmental laws and regulations in the regions in which it operates, Kioxia Group considers environmental stewardship to be one of our primary responsibilities. We take actions to limit our environmental impact throughout our supply chain of memory, applied and related software products that support information infrastructure. From taking systematic and globally accredited steps to reduce our pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from our manufacturing processes, to regularly auditing and reviewing our activities to constantly improve our environmental management system, Kioxia Group takes deliberate action to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- We strive to make sustainable memory, applied and related software products by using high-capacity, miniaturized and power-saving technologies. We also perform ongoing environmental assessments of our products and manufacturing processes, as well as a targeted effort to reduce our overall raw material usage.
- We are doing our part to help prevent global warming through initiatives that directly reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This includes the development of energy-saving technologies – especially within power systems and manufacturing machinery – productivity improvements and introducing clean energies.
- We purposefully take actions aligned with the “three Rs” – reduce, reuse, recycle. Specifically, we focus on developing resource-saving technologies and implementing productivity efficiencies, as well as limiting the use of water resources around our plant sites and returning water used in production to the environment after effective purification treatment.
- We limit environmental risk in our operations by being conscious of the chemicals we use in production and developing technologies that reduce our use of certain chemicals. Through responsible handling and management of production-related chemicals, we also strive to prevent associated pollution.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our business activities on biodiversity, and pursue activities that aim to preserve biodiversity in order to help conserve the environment.
- We regularly disclose information and updates on our sustainability efforts – including new energy-saving technologies – through environmental advertising, exhibitions and media and collaboration with various stakeholders including the local communities in which we operate.
- We underscore the importance of environmental stewardship with our employees, who promise to keep sustainability top-of-mind in all business activities.
This Environmental Policy is core to Kioxia Group’s operations – it is available internally to global employees of Kioxia Group and externally to customers, media and the general public. We are committed to pursuing corporate activities that are in line with this policy.
February 1st, 2020
President and Chief Executive Officer
Kioxia Holdings Corporation
A message to our stakeholders.
Introducing the sustainability activities of the KIOXIA Group which contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
KIOXIA Group will continue to develop a sustainable society by contributing to the SDGs through its business.